Thursday, October 29, 2009

Restaurant: Locanda Verde (New York City)


I went to Locanda Verde in August with my Mom and brother Nick towards the end of my internship at Condé Nast and I loved everything about it! It's located on Greenwhich Street in TriBeCa along with several other restaurants, but on that Friday it was the most packed restaurant on the street (which usually means the place is good). Robert Deniro is part owner of the restaurant and the food is by well renowned chef Andrew Carmellini. The decor and style of the restaurant is a relaxed, up-to-date, trendy, Italian tavern with a rustic touch from the dark wood paneling to the huge iron chandeliers. It had a bit of an intimate wine bar feel, even though the space was extremely large with very high ceilings. The menu is a more refined Italian cuisine filled with fish and pasta; I had octopus to start, with a pesto ravioli pasta as my main dish. Unfortunately I did not have dessert because apparently the place is known for having a famous dessert chef...oh well next time!

(Photo taken from restaurant website)

No comments:

Post a Comment