Thursday, April 22, 2010

Never Too Much Jewelry!

Here are some pictures I took of my jewelry collection in my room. This isn't everything I own, there is a lot more including this insanely gorgeous huge cocktail amethyst and pearl ring that was my Great-Grandmother's, but I can't find it. I think my Mom hid it somewhere because I would always take it and wear it to school. Most of the jewelry I own are pieces my Opa made in the 1960's-70's in New York City. I would love to follow in his footsteps and create my own pieces out of different metals. I have been creating bracelets for years out of beads, leather, and wire but I would love to take my creativity to that next level and make professional jewelry pieces.

Pictured above is a piece by my Opa made out of Swarovski crystals. It wraps around the neck, drips down the chest, and then wraps around the waist.

A necklace I bought at Club Monaco. They have amazing jewelry!!

These are two necklaces my Opa made. They are made out of bamboo, bull horns, and acorns.
A cuff my Opa made.
(Top left row): A vintage ring with rhinestones (it actually looks like real diamonds), vintage inspired earrings from Banana Republic, a small broach my Opa made.
(Middle row): A bracelet that was my Great-Great-Grandmother's.
(Bottom left row): A huge cocktail stone ring from Paris, a ring that looks very ornate and vintage from Banana Republic, and a bracelet from Banana Republic.



These are bracelets I've made.
This is a really cool vintage necklace my Opa made.

One of the stands I have filled with jewelry and headbands.
One of the drawers I have with a million pieces of necklaces, bracelets, earrings, headbands, vintage sunglasses, etc.
A ring I just bought at Banana Republic for 10$! Not everyone would like it, but I find it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment