Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time for a Change

Alright so I am in the process of redoing my bedroom...so far my parents have installed beautiful, big, new windows and soon the rest of the changes will ensue. I have decided to take away the 5-year-old Laura Ashley wallpaper and replace it with a more updated two-toned wallpaper design that contains a foggy, metallic, silver-gray with a matte blue-gray...nothing dark, I want this to be on the lighter side. I will also be changing my carpet and chair (thank God...because right now it is horrendous!). I love my furniture and bedding so basically all I need now is some art on my walls. I am thinking of buying prints of famous paintings and usually I would go for Degas or Renoir just because that resonates more on my comfort level, but I suddenly have this urge to take a chance and put something bold on my walls. I am thinking Henri Matisse, Georgia O'Keefe, Roy Lichtenstein, or Andy Warhol (but not the typical ones...more like his flower collection). The painting would have to contain some sort of blue tone. Anyway, here are some paintings that I am thinking of putting up and I would appreciate it if you all gave me your opinions and suggestions. Also, I was thinking of perhaps purchasing a print of a famous black and white photograph by either Richard Avedon or Brassai...what do you think?



Okay so yes the two above resemble vagina's... but hey that's O'Keefe! Plus I think it's kind of interesting...




Photos courtesy of Beacon Hill Academy, Urban Monarch, Jewbiquitos, Lostpedia Blog, Hello Wonderland

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the first one, the blue vagina, and the comic strip style one

    ReplyDelete